Thursday, June 21, 2012

God help me.

"tonight someone told me that at some point, every person encounters a most poignant and significant trauma in life by which he or she will inevitably change completely. for better, for worse, it doesn’t matter. the point is that such a change alienates the person from everyone who surrounds them - especially in youth when the number of these trauma-burdened individuals is small. some are much younger than others. for example, it happened for him when he was 13 and his other brother was killed in an automobile accident. I think this is what is happening to me now. too much atypical trauma and I am not who I was a year ago, not even who I was yesterday anymore. worst of all, I know I am not alone but I can’t help but feel like an absolute alien."

No comments:

Post a Comment