Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Oreo brownies in 35 minutes.

Good things are to be shared.

Last week, I was craving terribly for something chewy, sticky and sweet. I headed down to a nearby supermarket to look at what could I possibly buy to bake. I thought of making macarons but there was no powdered sugar to be found. Instead, a small packet of Betty Crocker's brownie mix caught my eyes. In the end, I added that to my grocery basket along with a stick of oreo cookies. The brownies turned out better than I expected and I couldn't help nom-ing them. So if you have about half an hour to space, why not try baking oreo cookies. They cost you less than what you can find outside yet they taste good. Cheap thrills :} So here's the recipe for you!

You would need:
1 packet of 10.25 ounce Betty Crocker Fudge Brownie mix
5 pieces of oreo biscuits (you can add more if you want it to be more oreo-y)
1 egg
2 tablespoons of water
1/3 cup of vegetable oil

Prep: ~6 mins Baking: 28 mins
1. Preheat the oven at 300 degrees.
2. Take a pan of size 9" x 9" and grease it with vegetable oil or butter.
3. In a big bowl, empty contents of the packet of brownie mix and mix in the egg, oil and water with a big spoon. Stir it for around 50 times, until everything is well mixed.
4. Pour half of it into the pan and then distribute the oreo cookies evenly. Pour the other half of mix in the bowl over the oreo cookies (to cover them).
5. Put the pan into the oven and bake for 28 mins. To ensure the brownies are ready, use a toothpick and poke through. The toothpick should be clean.

Ta-dah, you got your brownies done. Let them cool in the pan for about 45 mins before cutting them into pieces and removing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment